If you are looking out for guidance about data-science & the Top Post Graduate Diploma Programs in Data-Science. You are on the right page.
PG Diploma Programs in Data Science
Hope this page inspires more people to pursue a career in the most demanding course & career of the era of Data-science
In a business, big data is useful in different ways. Each organization uses it differently to draw conclusions,science-based In short, it is a big plus using it efficiently is the success of data scientist
A Data-science course is explored frequently on Google, so let us understand the data-science & the expectations of professionals.
Data-science encompasses preparing data-analysis, using scientific methods, processes, neural network algorithms & systems to extract knowledge.
Using Analytical applications & computer science helps us to review the results.
The world’s most valuable source is data. Most of the people around the digital world agree to the same. Big data is valuable & key to the key functioning of every organization. It is the key to important decision-making.
As per Grand view research, the global data domain is expected to grow at an annual growth rate of 26.9% by the year 2027
Growth in India
Analysts predict there will be more than 11 million job openings by the year 2026. In fact, from the year 2019, the hiring in the computer science industry has increased by almost 46% and around 93K jobs were vacant at the end of August 2020.
An era of Big-data is the trend of the world as organizations are investing petabytes & exabytes of data. That’s why computer science plays an important role in it.
Data-scientists play a prominent role in integrating the skills of a software programmer, statistician & storyteller, analyzing all the data with the purpose of drawing conclusions.
Their responsibilities include Management, Analytics, strategy or design, collaboration, or coordinating skills & knowledge in this field.
Often the role of a data-scientist is confused with data analyst & data engineer. Even though the role seems similar there is a difference between the three.
Inspiring Data Scientists
Hillary Mason, Nate Silver, Daryl Morey are the few inspiring Data-scientists around the world. They are real-life inspirations to others who are pursuing a course or a career in data-science.
Who is eligible to join the Data-Science course?
Degree – In fields like IT, Computer science, Physics, Engineering & Mathematics or any other data fields are essential for a job
Maths & statistics – To master computer science it is necessary to have a solid understanding of mathematics & statistics
Programming – No one can become an expert in computer science without the basic information of three programming languages which are the best choice for professionals – Python, R, & SQL
Who can join the Data-Science course?
Fresher’s – who intend to develop new-age skills
Consultants – willing to sharpen their strategy offering for clients
Managers/Executives – who are interested in levering data structures and to Out Space for better strategies
Professionals – looking to upskill to improve functional performance
Top Industries with Data-Science Jobs
- Banking, financial services & insurance sector
- Media & entertainment
- Health care
- Digital Marketing
- Professional services
- Cyber security
- Mining, quarrying, oil, & gas extraction
Data science professionals are highly sorted after, & considered as a great career choice.
The career growth of data-scientists is sky high, which is resulting in upward career growth. This has created more demand for diploma computer science studies.
The above is the reference of naukri.com data-scientist job opportunities in India. No doubt, it is one of the hot jobs. Moreover, due to the huge job potential, many youngsters are looking out to update themselves for the future.
Therefore, the demand for a diploma in data-science is considered a prudent choice.
How to get started with Data Science?
- Figure out what you need to understand
- Get comfortable with python
- Understand data-analysis, manipulation & visualization with pandas
- Get to Learn machine language
- Learning machine language in depth is required
- Continue practicing
- Join the proper data-science course
|Entry-level||5L & above|
|Associate level||10L & above|
|Mid senior level||17L & above|
|Executive level||40L & above|
Essential skills to start data science
Some skills which are required :
1. Probability & statistics
2. Calculus & linear algebra
3. Coding skill Python R
4. Data wrangling
5. Database management
9. Cloud computing
10. MS Excel
11. Communication skills
12. Team player skills
The list may look long above these are the skills expected. However, there are some prerequisite science-based to learn computer science like Math, SQL, Hadoop, coding & statistics.
Going further let us realize the necessity to join a proper post-graduate course in computer science to get a strong foundation that can lay as a fighting fit in the career.
Points to remember before signing up for a Data Science Programs
- An updated industry related curriculum
- Number of practical sessions in the PG Program
- Trained & experienced trainers.
- Live projects exposure in PG diploma in data science online program
- Time Commitment
- PG Diploma in Data Science with Placement Assistance and Recruitment Partners
- Reviews from alumni
- Program fee
- PG Certificates that will be offered
Top 8 PG Diploma Programs in Data Science
Let us go ahead to understand the top 8 Post Graduate diplomas in data science courses based on our research.
1. Digital Vidya
The top institute in the country is an expert training institute, which provides quality-training data science. Digital Vidya has a professional touch in all the courses they offer. The executive program is one among them.
Through this program, you can learn advanced data-science & machine learning using python language.
Learning the course in Digital vidya has its advantages.
- 100% interview guarantee offer
- Resume creation
- Job application
- Interview readiness
- Selection & joining
- For the convenience of students, they have different programs.
- By the end of the course in Digital vidya, the student gets exposed to computer science programming languages & tools in this course and you will master python tools that are widely used by data-scientists.
- In Digital vidya, you get trained by industry experts
- By the end of the course, you get python course certifications
- International executive program in Data Science- University of St. Thomas certifications.
- It is a 10 months course.
|1||Get started with the program|
|2||Introduction to data science|
|3||Starting with the journey of python programming|
|4||Scientific computing with Python –|
|5||Introduction to panda, time-series & Introduction to SAS enterprise miner|
|6||Learn aspects to programming & get into productive analysis|
|7||Introduction to data visualization & got to know power BI trends|
|8||Introduction to tableau & begin with fundamental machine learning|
|9||Relational database management system|
|10||Learn SQL & projects|
- Natural language processing
- Health care analysis
- Understanding based projects
- Earn University of St.Thomas certificate
- Get trained from the University of St.Thomas faculty & industry experts
- 200+ hrs of delivery with 125 + hrs of live classes
- Access to Q & A plaform
- Lifetime access to course content
- 95% learner satisfaction
- 100% online live lectures
- 25% of weekend invested to learn a future skill
- 100% interview guarantee upon successful completion of the program
A programmer or nonprogrammer with a desire to learn programming skills, problem-solving skills & Analytical skills is the expectation to join a data-science course.
- Python fundamentals
- Python Mysql
- Pandas data frame & data-analysis
- Statistics fundamentals
- Machine learning with python
- Regression & classification
- Support vector machine introduction
- Clustering Introduction
- Recommender systems
- Introduction to NLP
- NASSCOM Curriculum
- 100+ training & exercise hours
- 4+ hands-on projects
- 50+placement partners
- 10+industry experts
- 2 months Q & A session
- 100% interview guarantee
Python for Capstone projects includes
- Natural language processing
- Bank marketing
- Health care Analysis
- Deep learning-based projects
The Institute has a course on Machine learning & Data-Analytics aspiring youngsters who are willing to upskill their knowledge can join the course.
Email – email@example.com
Phone – +91 80100 33033
2. Postgraduate in Data science from Purdue University & Simplilearn
This course gives exposure to R, python-programming, machine-learning algorithms, data-visualization with tableau & NLP concepts, through online interactive learning with live sessions by global practitioners, IBM, hackathons & projects
The program duration is 12months with an online learning format.
- R programming
- Tableau learning
- Capstone tasks
- Masters certificate
- Natural language processing
- Master class
- Industry master class
- Exploratory Data-analysis
- Description statistics
- Inferential statistics
- Model building & fine tunning
- Supervised & unsupervised learning
- Natural language processing
- Ensemble learning
- 3 capstones + 25 live projects with industry data sets from Uber, Walmart, Amazonallow students, corn cast & more
- At the end of the course, you get industry-recognized certification from Purdue University & IBM certification.
Phone – 1800-212-7688
3. Postgraduate Certification Program in Data Science & Machine learning from Jigsaw Academy
The course is specifically created for candidates who wish to make a career in Computer Science, Machine-Learning and work with prominent organizations across the world that derive business resolutions through analytics.
The course entitles students to learn to process, picture data and solve real-life issues through data-analysis. Multinational lecturers and industry specialists from the University of Chicago and Jigsaw Academy together support participants in achieving those goals.
This post-graduate certification program guarantees a job placement program and also offers data-science labs that are equipped with the latest analytics software & applications.
This is 6 months live program.
- RDBMS concepts
- Data Analytics
- Data manipulation
- Data scraping
- Artificial intelligence
- Deep understanding
- Sentiment analysis
- Time series analysis
- Unstructured data-analysis
- Natural language processing
- Image recognition
- Get your skillset built
- Learn emerging technologies
- Get hands-on experience
- Be job-ready
- Important tools covered
Phone – +91 9019217000
4. Postgraduate Program in Data science by Praxis Business School
The Praxis aims to create resources that will facilitate India’s transition to the digital world and provide data-driven data.
The main goal of the Ph.D. program in Computer Science with ML and AI in Praxis is to give students the opportunity to start their first career in the exciting world of computer science, and everything is encouraged to achieve the goal of Content. By the way, we would like to advise you resource Casinoreg.net, which collected Top Casino Sites and the best bonuses for players.
It is one of the top-ranked programs with a dual learning experience. It is a pioneer for full-time computer science education in India.
Their program duration is 9 months.
- Technology skills
- Statistical modeling & analytical skills
- Applying computer science to business situations
- Communication & visualizations.
- Top-ranked program
- Pioneer of computer science education in India
- 550+ hrs of impactful lectures, case studies, hands-on labs, assignments & projects
- Tools, techniques & platforms
- Distinguished faculty pools
- Capstone Tasks
- Campus placements
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – +91 – 7676- 160-161
5. IIIT Bangalore – Advanced Certificate Program in Data Science
International Institute of information technology Bangalore is one of the top & prestigious institutes in India. Hence pursuing a certification program from IIIT Bangalore give a strong foundation & weightage in your resume. They provide a quality program.
- Pre-program content preparatory content
- Data-Analysis in Excel
- Analytics problem solving
1. Introduction to python
2. Programming in Python
4. Visualisation in python
5. IMDb movie assignment
6. Exploratory data-analysis
7. Inferential statistics
8. Hypothesis testing
9. Data analysis using SQL
10. Credit EDA case study
1. Introduction to Machine-learning & regression
2. Linear Regression assignment – Bike-sharing systems
3. Logistic regression
4. Unsupervised learning: clustering
5. Business problem solving
6. Clustering assignment
7. Case study – lead scoring
1. Advanced machine-learning & storytelling
2. Natural language procession/ Machine-learning –II
3. SQL & NoSQL Databases
4. Business Analysis – Advanced machine-learning
5. Data Engineering I
And much more projects are part of this program.
- Advanced Graduate Certificate Programme from IIITB
- Understand and use concepts on industry tasks along with personalized industry mentorship.
- Personalized Mentorship
- Get a dedicated student mentor with visionary aid every step of the way to guarantee a seamless learning experience.
- Obtain 360-degree career help from access to upGrad’s job prospects portal, 1:1 profile reviews, career mentorship from industry professionals, and much more.
- Learn the concepts from professional IIITB faculty & comprehend the applications from Industry specialists to get a mix of theoretical learning and practical hands-on experience.
Address: 26C, Electronics city, Hosur road, Bangalore – 560 100
Telephone – +91 80 4140 7777/ 2852 7627
6. Advanced program in Data Sciences (APDS) – IIM Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is a prestigious institute it offers an advanced program with a duration of 215 contact hours.
The purpose of this program is to introduce participants to the various tools and methods used to organize, analyze, and interpret data. This program includes tutorials such as Tableau, Python, SPSS modeler, R, @Risk, Arena, and more. This program is suitable for working professionals who want to enjoy their work.
- Understanding computer science
- Mathematics for computer science
- Statistics for computer science
- Data management & data warehousing
- Machine-learning with python
- Data interpretation, visualization & analysis
- Econometrics with R
- Stochastic Process & simulation
- Categorical data analysis
- Business-intelligence with analytics
- Big storage & analytics
- Advanced topics
Hands-on training on software such as Tableau, Python, SPSS Modeler, R@Risk, Arena, etc. Exposing to organized projects.
Address: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Diamond Harbour Road, Joka, Kolkata – 700 104 West Bengal, India
Phone – +91 33 2467 8300/8301/8302
7. Post Graduate Program in Data Science & Business analytics by Great Learning
The faculty from Great Lakes and UT Austin McCombs School of Business teamed and created this course curriculum. The course’s education and content are by faculty from Great Lakes, UT Austin, and other practicing computer scientists and business analytics experts. The capstone tasks are authorized by Great Lakes and UT Austin McCombs School of Business Faculty.
This program is an online learning program with 11 months duration.
- Business Finance
- Marketing and CRM
- Advanced Statistics
- Data Mining
- Predictive Modeling
- Time Series Forecasting
- SQL Programming
- Optimization Techniques
- Marketing and Retail Analytics
- Web & Social Media Analytics
- Finance & Risk Analytics
- Supply Chain & Logistics Analytics
- Data-Visualization using Tableau
- Capstone Project
- Career Assistance: Resume building and Mock interviews
- Covering tools – R, tableau, Python, SAS, SQL, etc
- Certificate from University of Texas at Austin & Great lakes Executive learning
Phone – 080 – 4718 – 9251
8. Executive Post Graduate Program in Data science by Upgrad
After completing all courses successfully you get prestigious recognition from IIITB with a specialization in any of the following: Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics, Business Analysis, Data Engineering
You get to connect with a global network of accomplished IIITB Alumni and Network with professionals across all industries
This program is developed to competency standards developed by NASSCOM in collaboration with the industry, The course duration of this program is 12months.
- Predictive analytics using Python
- Data Visualization
- Natural Language Processing
- Complimentary Python Programming Bootcamp
- PG Diploma in data science for working professionals
- 14+programming tools & Languages
- Career mentorship session
- High-performance coaching
- AI-powered Profile builder
- Industry readiness assignment
- Career essential Soft skill program
- IIIT Bangalore Alumni status
- 60+ Industry projects
- Student support
- Exclusive job opportunities portal
- Just – in time interviews
- Personalized industry session
- Career Bootcamp
Phone: 1800 210 2020
Big-data is always in demand. So is the requirement of skills in data-science.
Based on the latest reports by analytics more job vacancies in computer science is predicted, which attracts young professionals with promising career prospects.
In recent times it is found more computer science jobs are vacant which are in need of relevant profiles & skills.
In short, the jobs are growing in 2021 & expected to flourish further in the future. The hiring has been a continuous upward trend.
You can also check out Top 10 Data Science Courses in India, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the starting salary after completion of the data-science course?
Salary may differ for each company. Usually, big companies take in interns & offer permanent jobs based on their performance during the internship.
In India, the average entry-level data-scientist pay is 511,468 rupees per year for a current graduate. A computer scientist in their premature career with 1-4 years of experience makes an average of Rs. 773,442 per year
2. What kind of roles do companies have for freshers in the industry?
You are hired as a trainee – junior data-analyst, data scientist. After which you may get more role-based on requirement & performance during training. Some popular roles are :
- Data Engineers
- Database Administrator
- Machine-Learning Engineer
- Data Architect
- Business Analyst
- Data and Analytics Manager
3. Is data science in demand?
Yes, the hiring in the computer science industry has increased drastically. There is less supply & more demand.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of job skills required for computer science is likely to increase from 27.9 to 2026 percent, the best time to start a career in computer science.
4. Is Data Science a fun career?
Data science can be fun. A rare job where you do all mathematics, coding, & research. A job comprising of all three is a cool job.
Anyone working in the field of data science already knows that the industry is rapidly becoming one of the most exciting careers of the 21st century.
In some ways, computer scientists are similar to today’s Sherlock Holmes, who works as a researcher. Those who are curious and love everyday puzzles will do well in this area.
5. What is the pg diploma in data science eligibility criteria?
Many institutes ask for an applicant’s Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Business Administration/Commerce/Mathematics/Computer Applications or a Masters grade in Mathematics/Statistics/Commerce with 50% or academic excellence.
Basic knowledge of Mathematics and computers can help you excel.
6. What is PG Diploma in Data Science fees?
PG Diploma in Data Science India Course Fees is INR 1,00,000 – 4,00,000 for 1 – 3 years; for MBA in data science domain, computer science course fees vary between INR 12 – 14 lakhs.